Radial drilling machine is commonly used in processing workpieces. In order to better use the radial drilling machine, we must pay attention to the safe operation process.
How to operate the radial drilling machine safely
1. Do not wear gloves when using radial drilling machine.
2. Before drilling, when aligning the position of the workpiece, the locking device should be released. The extension length of the feed spindle should be adjusted according to the drilling depth, and then the locking devices should be locked.
3. When drilling, the speed must be adjusted first, and it is forbidden to change speed without stopping, otherwise the gear in the gearbox will be damaged.
4. When drilling, the drill must be clamped firmly and the extension length should be appropriate. The workpiece must be clamped and pressed firmly with tongs, clamps or pressing irons. It is forbidden to drill holes with hands. When drilling thin pieces of workpiece, the bottom should be padded with wood.
5. It is not allowed to use gauze to remove iron filings during drilling. It is not allowed to blow with mouth or wipe with hands. Special tools or brushes should be used.
6. At the beginning of drilling or when the workpiece is to be drilled through, the radial drilling machine should use slight force to prevent the drill bit from jamming the workpiece and causing the workpiece to rotate or throw out.
7. Always check and remove the iron filings and oil stains on the worktable, guide rail and screw, and keep the surrounding environment clean.
8. When drilling with radial drilling machine, the feed should be even. When drilling deep holes, iron chips should be removed in time to prevent the bit from breaking.
9. When loading and unloading workpieces or fixtures, remove the cross arm and pay attention to the people and objects around to send out collision accidents.